What better way to start this blog than with the most classic of Italian dished, an authentic spaghetti sauce straight from mother Italy. This is no normal sauce, using fresh ingredients and organic produce this is the real deal and will beat out anything you find anywhere else.
- 1/2 cup of onion (minced)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 cup of crushed celery
- Ground lean beef – 1lb
- Freshly chopped mushrooms – 1 ounce
- 1lb spaghetti
- Beef stock – 10.5 ounces
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 3 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- In a large pan saute the garlic, onion and celery in the olive oil until onion is see through.
- Cook the beef until it is cooked through an no longer pink then add the butter into the mix with everything else until it is melted and covering other ingredients.
- Mix in the mint, mushrooms, 1 tsp salt and the sugar and stir for around 5 mins.
- Separately combine the tomato paste and beef stock then pour it into the pot then add in the basil. Leave it to summer on a low heat for around 2 hours.
- Boil a large pot of water, add the salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the spaghetti to the pot and check regularly, remove and strain once it is cooked.
- Serve: add the sauce on top of the spaghetti and garnish with the grated cheese and parsley.
- Enjoy the best spaghetti sauce you have ever tasted!